Tuscan Bean Stew
10th January 2021
Onions, peppers, mushrooms, aubergine, kale, tin of mixed beans, lentils, chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock cube, salt and pepper
- Place the olive oil and onion in a saucepan and fry over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers, aubergine and mushrooms and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 200ml water to the pan. Crumble in the stock cube and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the drained tin of beans and kale when the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile cook the lentils according to packet insurtcructions. Once cooked, add to the bean stew to serve.
- High in iron, great for improving energy and focus.
- Low in calories.
- Full of vitamins and antioxidants to strengthen your immune system.
- High in protein which can help with muscle repair.
- High in fibre to help fill you up and improve digestive function.