21st September 2021
Choice of quiche filler e.g. Broccoli, tomatoes, peas, sweetcorn, feta, ham, cheddar, chives
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6. Lightly flour a work surface and roll out pastry to line a 20.5cm (8in) deeply fluted tin. Prick base well with a fork and chill for 15min.
- Wash and cut the broccoli. Bring a medium pan of water to the boil and cook broccoli and frozen peas for 3min until just tender.
- Wash and cut the vegetables and chosen ingredients and place them in the pastry.
- In a large jug, whisk together eggs, chives and plenty of seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut and add your choice of cheese. Feta or cheddar work well.
- Scatter broccoli and tomatoes into the cooked pastry base (still in its tin) then pour over egg mixture. Return to the oven for 40min or until quiche is set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a green salad.
- Eggs are a good source of protein. Great for weight management. Contributes to muscle repair
- Contains a good source of Vitamin B, important for energy and blood flow
- Adding vegetables increases vitamin A and C intake necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues.
- Broccoli is high in fibre good for digestion.
- Packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene associated with reduced risks of heart disease and cancer.