Carrot and Broccoli Salad
30th April 2021
Potatoes, long stem broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, feta, edamame beans, feta, almonds, cucumber.
- Chop the broccoli florets, carrots, potatoes and place in a boiling water for 15 minutes
- Add the edamame beans
- Cut the tomatoes, cucumber, feta,
- Add the ingredients to a large salad bowl
- Wisk the olive oil, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and salt to add to the salad.
- Rich in in vitamins A, B, C, E, K and B.
- High in fibre, to help with digestion.
- High in selenium which can protect the body from oxidative stress and can delay the risk of certain diseases including heart disease, cancers and Alzheimers.
- High in beta carotene, an antioxidant that the body converts into vitamin A important for promoting good vision.
- A good source of vegetarian protein.
- Low in carbohydrates meaning this meal is less likely to raise blood sugar.